Because pledges are far more fun with more people, I want to get you involved!
It’s simple to join up. Comment with your name, your blog (if you have one) and how long you’re signing up for. Once you’ve done that, add the button to your blog using this code:
[a href=”https://seamlessblog.wordpress.com/the-pledge/” target=”_blank”>[img src=”https://seamlessblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/button.png” alt=”The Seamless Pledge” /]</a] (replace the [ ] with < >)
Replace brackets with < and stick it in a textbox widget on your blog and you
and/or post the following to your social network of choice:
I (insert your name here) am taking the #seamlesspledge until (length of time here). http://bit.ly/tktV04
If you like, you can write a longer pledge like I have!
- No buying new clothes for the duration of your pledge. By new, I mean any new mass-manufactured clothes.
- You can buy second-hand manufactured clothes – so be prepared to get to know your local charity shops awfully well.
- Vintage clothing is a-ok!
- Anything you’ve made by hand is definitely allowed. Get your sewing machines and your kntting needles out, because handmade is definitely in!
- Get involved! Join in on the Flickr group and like our Facebook page. I’ll be looking to feature pledgers on the blog in the future. I’d love to see your second-hand finds, refashions and hand-made creations!
EDIT: Definitely didn’t expect so many pledgers! Hello to all of you! Just to let you know, I’m trying to map the Seamless pledge so we can see where everyone is at, so if you send me your location (eg Cardiff is mine) and I’ll put a placemarker on the map with a link to your blog.